Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The wasteland of daytime TV.

Hiya Blogland!!! How is everyone on this lovely hump day?? Seems hard to believe Christmas is a week away!!

I got some relatively good news today.  I went back to the doctor yesterday. I'm still in a lot of pain and the muscles keep spasming.  He had a full set of xrays done and thankfully there is no structural damage like a herniated disk or damage to my hip joint. They are arranging for some aggressive physical therapy to help the muscles stop spasming and pinching nerves.  If everything goes well I can go back to work January 2nd.

I am totally BORED. I'm not used to inactivity like this. I've been doing lots of reading (when I'm awake-the meds knock me out) and putzing around the 'net on my Kindle. We have very limited TV channels (no cable stuff) and daytime TV is the last bastion of stupid. Really. I clicked onto the Maury show where he was doing lie detector tests on these losers. One guy had been running around with a set of triplets who found out and started fighting with each other over him. AWESOME. There was nothing appealing about this dude that would attract one female, much less THREE who are fighting over him. Let's pray they don't breed!!!! Quality TV to turn your mind to mush.

Fashion-wise just imagine what I wore Sunday with a different color pullover and you've got my fashion stylings this week. Just imagine me covered in dog hair. They have been enjoying all of the mommy time!

Here's some more of the Christmas decorations. I'm starting to dread taking this all down-LOL!! This is a look at the different wreaths we have hanging around the house.

Kitchen wreath made from vintage cookie cutters and Santa mold.
Door wreath made from vintage candle rings
Wreath made from Lauren's grandmother's vintage corsages. Holly wreath is vintage from my childhood.
The deer came from a friend's shop-The Vintage Attic. I added a wreath from my stash, some vintage ornaments and glittery twigs.
I embroidered this in high school from a kit.
Wreath made from vintage plastic Xmas stuff.
I am starting to wear out sitting up. Off to imbibe in some happy pills, an ice pack, a lap full of doggies and a nap!!!

TTFN
Tamera


16 comments:

Curtise said...

Good news that there is no structural damage, but "aggressive physical therapy" is enough to scare the bejeezus out of anyone! Hope you are pain-free soon and able to be running around like you usually do. But meanwhile, cuddle those dog babies as much as possible! xxx

Beryl said...

So glad there are no broken bones or back damage! For daytime TV, I use Netflix. When I'm in California, I have no TV reception at all, so I also watch the CBS website and HULU. Lots of good stuff. On the subject of good stuff, that wreath made of cookie cutters is wonderful!

Suzanne said...

So glad to hear you didn't herniate your disc. Those are terrible. I hope that the physio goes well. That can be painful too.

Your Christmas wreaths are delightful.

Keep getting better!

bisous
Suzanne

Vix said...

That's a relief that there's no broken bones! Take it easy , keep cuddling the woofers and try not to think about taking all that lot down! xxx

Patti said...

Good news on your disc - and stay sane, dear Tamera, with the onslaught of Maury morons! I love the idea of being covered in doggie fur, but hey, Vogue has never called me for a cover : > Take good care, xoxo.

Unknown said...

Physical Therapy has worked wonders for me so I'm betting you may end up leaving in better overall shape then you were in even before you hurt yourself. I'm SO glad it's not a more serious injury. As far as TV goes I'm too far out in the boonies to stream anything so Redbox and DVR are my cures for daytime TV.

Get Better! ;-)
Alicia

Becky said...

Good news about your hip. I hate to admit how much I love TV...

thorne garnet said...

Glad to hear you'll be better soon. I hear ya about daytime TV. I have cable, so I can veg out to HGTV or Castle marathons. It think Mr. Scooty is attached to my hip. He's not going to like it when I have to go back to work.

Aya said...

Whew, glad to hear your structures are sound, sorry to hear about the boredom! I recommend staying away from eBay when bored. ;)

Sheila said...

Getting caught up on all your (mis)adventures! So glad you didn't seriously hurt yourself, Tamera! I'm sending you good vibes for quick healing (and better daytime TV!).

LOVE your trees - you have the same good eye as you do for thrifting your clothes as you do for finding really beautiful Christmas things.

Aw, the fur-kids are so freaking adorable in their sweaters!

Shybiker said...

Glad to hear the good medical news. Pretty decorations.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

I want to ram my head through a wall whenever the tv goes on. Thank goodness we're not big tv-watchers, DVDs and downloads are more our thing. Ugh, where do they GET the people for those programs anyway? You sound weary my dear, which is perfectly understandable considering the pain you're in. It certainly takes its toll on one's patience and rational thought. The Phoenix had ONE good week this year, about a month ago. That's it. Back in bed in foetal position, popping the Endone and losing it over loud noise. It's hard for the whole family, but now I'm aware of the feelings of guilt and loss a person in chronic pain feels all the time. I want to hug you, but I know it's probably too painful. xoxoxoxoxoxooxxoox

Laura S Reading said...

I am new here so don't know about your physical ills, but hope things keep improving.

Oh the look of those wreaths brought back memories!

As for daytime tv - we get 4 channels, which is why I am now watching cooking shows! I also use the free online version of Hulu.

Melanie said...

OH NO! I didn't even know you were injured - and now you're even on the mend, somewhat? Gaaaa! I've been scrolling through catching up here and haven't found out what happened, I'm guessing a slip on something...
Anyway, considering your outstanding holiday decorating, the whole family, even the whole community, must pitch in and answer to your every whim.
Bwa-ha-ha, I hope they don't breed too!!
Truly, I hope your muscles stop freaking out ASAP! And that you are feeling better ASAP! A lap full of doggies sounds like good medicine too. You house is incredible and should be featured in the paper. Judith at Style Crone mentioned it, which reminded me how I've missed you!

pao said...

Glad to hear the pain is not from anything broken or such. But still. Getting a break (opps, sorry) from it will be wonderful. And, yes TV is not it, better to be zoned out on meds, then that mind-numbing torture. Something like Netflix or how about mending? Like cool mending/ embroidering... I guess you can't really make any more Christmas wreaths. My fav is the cookie cutter one. Squish those doggies for me, and wishing you well right now!

Unknown said...

Hi Tamera!

Glad that the damage is limited and physio will help trust me- I had physio for my shoulder and it's like new -
Like the other girls said don't worry or think about getting down your X-mas decorations - Cuddle your babies, take your happy pills and soon you will be like new!
I know what you mean by inactivity, it would drive up the walls but you have to take care of yourself for now-

About TV, I agree same here,we watch Netflix,BBC or MGo on our pc or ipad -

Take care

Hugs

Arianexo